It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Timeline field is not visible in Editor Presentation of entity.

Pratik Chaudhari (112) | asked Oct 10 '17, 4:47 a.m.

In IBM Rational Team Concert, I have created 1 Project. By default i found the list of entities created in it.

For entity Defect. I added the Timeline field using Type And Attributes panel.

Now, I want to access this field. Either in Entity Creation Time or Update time. Work Item Editor type of Defect is com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default.

From Editor Presentation window i am trying to add the field. Add Presentation > Attribute-Based presentation. Timeline field is not present in this attributes list.

Kindly, let me know if there is any way i can add the field to Editor

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 10 '17, 5:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 10 '17, 5:09 a.m.

Timeline as an attribute does - very likely - not make sense. You want to be able to select an iteration - which is already available as the "Planned for" attribute. In general you want to look for the attribute ID of the custom attribute you created.

I would suggest at least the following readings:

Comments
Pratik Chaudhari commented Oct 23 '17, 7:05 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for suggesting. I am aware about "Planned for" attribute. But, My Concern is regarding availability of custom field creation support. When i can add the new Custom Attribute of type Timeline. Then I should be able to add it to UI.

Please let me know, If there is any kind of limitation or Bug for Timeline field's editor presentation possibilities.

From the suggested links. 2nd link is broken.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 23 '17, 7:34 a.m. | edited Oct 23 '17, 8:18 a.m.

You can create a custom attribute of type Iteration (this is the same type as the planned for attribute uses) add it to the editor presentation and it works.

You can create a custom attribute of type Timeline and it does not show up to be added to the editor presentation. This seems to be a bug - either not show timeline as a type or have a presentation.

Pratik Chaudhari commented Oct 24 '17, 5:03 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for update, Can you please share what is the Bug
1) Not showing timeline in editor or
2) Timeline as a type

and if possible kindly let me know by when that Bug can be fixed.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 24 '17, 5:26 a.m.

It is not my decision what the bug is. I can only reproduce the issue and comment that I would expect a different behavior. Also posting here is not filing a defect.
If you want to file this as a bug, file a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome
or contact support and create a PMR.

I am not sure what you want to achieve with the attribute, so I can't suggest any work around, if there was one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.