It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workaround for triggering save work item participant when adding a URI reference link?

Greg Hodgkinson (2092119) | asked Oct 06 '17, 6:37 a.m.

I have an RTC participant that is automating various actions on the Save Work Item action.

It works great, however I've noticed that it doesn't get triggered when a work item is saved with the only change being adding a new URI reference link (e.g. a Affects Plan Item or Affected By Defect link).

My participant does get triggered fine if it is a new item link (e.g. Blocks/Depends On or Parent/Child).

Is there any workaround for this?

I need to automate some steps when a defect is linked to another work item using the Affected By Defect link which is a URI reference link.

I'm using RTC 6.0.2.

I did find a related question: related post

In that post the link in question was an Implements Requirement link. The reason in that case was due to licensing between RTC and DNG. However in this case I am linking two work items within RTC so licensing should not be an issue?

One answer

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123660) | answered Oct 06 '17, 9:14 a.m.
edited Oct 06 '17, 9:21 a.m.
I did find a related question: related post
In that post the link in question was an Implements Requirement link. The reason in that case was due to licensing between RTC and DNG. However in this case I am linking two work items within RTC so licensing should not be an issue?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.