It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to keep the format of DNG tables also in RPE reports?

Thomas Griebel (1111) | asked Oct 04 '17, 10:05 a.m.

If I create a table in DNG as an artifact (type: diagram, attachment, requirement or whatever) with some table settings (row width, column width, etc.), a RPE report will not keep this table settings. The RPE templates just print out the rich text field using the text construct and sending them to Word and PDF. But in the Word and PDF documents you can not see the table settings and the table looks totally different.

Does anybody know about that problem? Does anybody know how to fix that problem?

Thanks for your help!

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Oct 05 '17, 11:13 a.m.
edited Oct 05 '17, 11:51 a.m.

For column/cell width, RPE supports values given in points or pixels. Percentage values are not supported and will be ignored.

You can try using points or pixels as width unit in DNG so that RPE output will have the tables as expected.

Comments
Thomas Griebel commented Oct 19 '17, 6:40 a.m.

Thanks for your answer!
Unfortunately, if I also use points or pixels as width unit it does not really work and the table does not look as expected.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Oct 19 '17, 8:12 a.m. | edited Oct 19 '17, 8:15 a.m.

I suppose you can insert table in DNG only if artifact format is Text. I tested with DNG 6.0.4 and RPE output is good. 

Can you provide the xml returned by DNG for the text artifact that contains tables? You an access the data source URL (https://server:port/rm/publish/text?resourceURI=<uuid>) in browser, save it as .xml and attach / send the same.

Regards,
Prasad
subra.prasad@in.ibm.com

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.