It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does anyone know how to update an XML Schema for use in RPE to access DOORS 9 via DWA when tracing from RQM?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Sep 28 '17, 10:32 a.m.

I have a user who has DOORS 9 requirements linked to his RQM test cases and we are trying to generate an RPE template to output his test cases with linked requirements.  The linkages are done via OSLC links to DOORS through DWA.  I have tried to follow the guidance in https://rpeactual.com/2014/12/15/rpe-and-doors-web-access/ to build the template and it sort of works.  My user has two different RQM/DOORS environments.  The template using the sample DWA schema works fine in one of the environments but not in the other.  We think he is using different DOORS attributes in the two environments (I don't personally have visibility into the non-working environment).  I thought I would try updating the sample DWA xml schema to adjust attribute names, but I can't get my updates to show up in RPE so I don't think I am doing it right.   Can anyone point me to documentation that guides you on manually creating a schema for RPE usage with DWA (or other)?

Thanks,

Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Sep 28 '17, 1:11 p.m.

I doubt if DWA provides a schema for it's API or data. The template/schema in rpeactual was built manually. You need to build or udpate one as it matches in your other environment.

There is no RPE documentation on creating / updating schema manually. This is a standard and you could find some details on internet like https://www.w3schools.com/xml/schema_intro.asp.

Thanks,
Kumar

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Sep 28 '17, 1:42 p.m.

How do I go about identifying the fields in DOORs in the schema.  The sample schema uses 'Primary Text' and my DOORS schema has text in 'Object Text' but it appears to pick it up.  This is the main item I am trying to understand.  How did someone build the sample for a specific DOORS database.  I am mostly familiar with XML schemas, it is more knowing how to specify the DOORS data in it...

Thanks,

Jamie.

Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Sep 28 '17, 11:11 p.m.

Hi Jamie,

DOORS schema is very stable and simple. We've shipped many sample DOORS templates with RPE. You could use them.

>>> How did someone build the sample for a specific DOORS database
You won't have to. The existing schema should suffice as custom columns and custom attributes are supported. Let me know otherwise.

Thanks,
Kumar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.