It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Pending changes view in .NET not automatically refreshing

Andy Moynahan (6312219) | asked Sep 24 '09, 1:35 a.m.
Hi folks,

A client of our reported the following behavior. I have been able to reproduced it locally on my laptop using two instances of .NET.

It seems like the pending changes view does not get automatically updated for incoming changes (outgoing is fine.)

using the .NET IDE integration for RTC.....

1) Developer 1 makes some updates to a file.
2) His pending changes view is properly reflected and he sees an out going change.
3) Once developer 1 delivers his changes, I expect that developer 2 would
see her pending changes view updated to reflect the incoming change.
4) However, this doesn't ever seem to get updated unless she issues a manual refresh of the pending changes view.

Is there a way to set this within the .NET IDE?

Thanks

Andy

8 answers

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Jan 02 '12, 1:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
If you want your Pending Changes to be automatically sync'ed with incoming changes, we have a preference option. You need to go to Tools->Options->Source Control -> Jazz Source Control -> Changes and check the 'Synchronize Pending Changes view with deliver events from Feeds'. This will automatically synchronize with your remote changes. I believe we started supporting this option from 3.0.1.
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm hoping it'll help?
Cheers
--Rupa

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Dec 27 '11, 7:19 a.m.
That would be a great thing to change the default.
Is it handled?

permanent link
Javan Smith (111) | answered Jul 06 '11, 5:54 p.m.
What did seem to change is what the default behavior of the refresh button does. Prior to 3.1 (we skipped 3.0), pressing refresh would put you back in sync. Local changes would show and incoming would show. Now you have to press the little down arrow and resync sandbox and remote. I can't find any way to change the default to have the same behavior as before. That's pretty annoying as we have almost 2 years of habit to break now.

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Jul 16 '10, 4:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks Walter for responding!

Tim, the Pending Changes View refresh isn't necessarily manual, it doesn't happen continuously is all. If the user checks in changes, the Pending Changes view pulls in changes from other users automatically. Same for deliver. However if you're developing without checking in and would like you Pending Changes View updated periodically, you would need to refresh manually.

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Jul 13 '10, 11:38 a.m.
Hi,

The original poster did not mention what version of RTC that the customer is using. If you are using RTC Client for Visual Studio v2.0.02 with iFix2, there is a new choice when you refresh the Pending Changes view. If you click on the tiny down arrow next to the refresh button, you will see a selection named "Refresh Sandbox and Remote Changes". We use this selection all the time here and it works very well for us.

NOTE: You do not even have to use the selection noted above to see any incoming changes, just clicking on the refresh button is sufficient (and it also worked in previous versions of the RTC Client for Visual Studio). The users here like using the selection noted above because it tells them exactly what is being refreshed.

-Walter

@skohli, has the behavior changed on this? Are pending changes view refreshes still manual in the VS client?

permanent link
Tim Feeney (30745745) | answered Jul 13 '10, 10:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@skohli, has the behavior changed on this? Are pending changes view refreshes still manual in the VS client?

permanent link
Andy Moynahan (6312219) | answered Sep 24 '09, 7:21 a.m.
Hi

Pending changes view will *not* pull in changes periodically. It pulls in changes when you refresh manually, or when perform an operation in pending changes view like deliver, check-in etc or when you start pending changes view for the first time. There is no setting currently to override this behavior, how I would encourage you to open an enhancement request.

Sandeep
RTC Visual Studio Team

Thanks for the clarification. I can now stop beating myself up for not being able to find the "Set Pending Changes Refresh Rate."
:)

I'll put in a RFE.

andy

permanent link
Sandeep Kohli (1413) | answered Sep 24 '09, 2:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Pending changes view will *not* pull in changes periodically. It pulls in changes when you refresh manually, or when perform an operation in pending changes view like deliver, check-in etc or when you start pending changes view for the first time. There is no setting currently to override this behavior, how I would encourage you to open an enhancement request.

Sandeep
RTC Visual Studio Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.