It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ordering folders by attributes

Vicente S. (1112) | asked Sep 21 '17, 8:24 a.m.

Hello, I have the a certain folder structure in RTC.

It seems like I can't order them by attributes like size or others, except alphabetical order.

Do you know a way to solve it?

Thank you in advance.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 21 '17, 4:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

By "folder structure", are you referring to file system folders (i.e. "directories")?  Or something else?   And which GUI are you using?

Vicente S. commented Sep 22 '17, 8:06 a.m.

Hello Geoffrey, I am talking about folders and files in RTC. I wanted to show you an example but I can not attach an image here. When I upload a file, it's always ordered by alphabetical order. I don't know what's the GUID but RTC version is 6.0.1

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 24 '17, 11:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

By GUI, I meant "Graphical User Interface".   So for example, were you using the Eclipse IDE, or the Visual Studio IDE, or the web browser, or the Windows Explorer?  And then what view in the GUI were you looking at?   (There are a number of different views you can use to view file folders).   It is likely that the answer will be that the sorting of files is under the control if the IDE you are using, not by RTC.   So for example, if you want additional sort options from Visual Studio, you would need to submit an enhancement request to Microsoft.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.