It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing trial licenses of Jetty-based server for testing RTC

Krasimir Malchev (56531) | asked Sep 19 '17, 4:46 a.m.

I have installed Jetty-based server for testing RTC extensions.
After some issues with my environment I decided to reinstall everything as described in the RTC extensions workshop.
However the button "Activate Trial" is missing in step "28b"  of section "1.6. Test the Jetty Based Server Launch". That is, I am not able to activate any trial client access licenses. The option to add a new license is only available.

I suspect that the new installation is reading/reusing the trial licenses of the previous installation of my Jetty-based server.

Just to add that all previous steps in the extension workshop are executed successfully.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Comments
Don Cooper commented Feb 20 '19, 7:07 a.m. | edited Feb 24 '19, 7:15 p.m.

@Krasimir - did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same problem.

Krasimir Malchev commented Feb 20 '19, 7:22 a.m.
Hello Don,

Yes, I managed to fix this. I started with a clean installation including the 10 free  Licenses file as described in the workshop file.

I have recently tried the same with the version of the workshop for CLM 606 and it is also good for me.

Greetings,
Krasimir Malchev

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 25 '19, 2:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In another conversation we found that it is important to use a Java version that is supported by the product. Also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2018/11/23/rtc-extensions-workshop-how-to-fix-ssl-protocol-errors-preventing-connection-to-jetty-debug-server/ for other symptoms and how to make sure to have a compatible version.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 19 '17, 10:31 a.m.

You can download and import the 10 free  Licenses from the RTC download page.

That should always work, is described and is also sensible as the temp license expires. 

Comments
Krasimir Malchev commented Sep 19 '17, 10:49 a.m.

As the RTC version is 6.0.2 I have decided to use the "Jazz Team Server and the CCM Application, and Trial licenses for Rational Team Concert" where licenses had been already uploaded. And everything works as described in the workshop tutorial (including the 10 licenses for the JTS server). However the issue appears when the time comes to activate the trial client licenses in the JETTY-based server. Nether any licenses or "Activate Trial" button appear in the link https://localhost:7443/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.manageLicenses

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 19 '17, 10:54 a.m.

Then you are missing some of the features that you have to import. Or there is something completely different wrong.

Without more information such as errors in the JETTY launch or logs there is no way to help. 

You can clean up everything if you rename/delete the whole repository workspace and set it up again, following the workshop. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.