It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC attribute ID is case sensitive?

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Sep 18 '17, 1:41 a.m.

Hi All,

I have custom RTC attribute with ID "test_id" of type Iteration in one of work item type and later we added another attribute with ID "Test_Id" of enumeration type in same  work item type.  Now we don't use "test_id" Iteration attribute. so it will be unassigned  all time.

I think some validation is done, while transferring data from LZ to IC. we see some rejected records in HDFS. 
 while validating it shows rejected records with these attribute names.

So is it problem with RTC  - it doesn't handle 2 attribute having same ID with case difference.
Or validation check from LZ to IC needs any settings?
Please let me know what could be the direction resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Kavita

<o:p> </o:p>

Comments
Dinesh Kumar B commented Sep 18 '17, 3:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

could you please add more details on what it means to
   transfer data from LZ to IC
and
   how HDFS is involved here

Also, do you see any discrepancy in accessing the workitem in RTC clients... are you able to set these attributes Test_Id and test_id separately and are they retained correctly in RTC work item views.

From OSLC REST API perspective, the attributes are read and handled in a case sensitive way.. since RTC complies to OSLC CM Spec, we should be able to handle it as well..  based on the specific error you see, we can look further... 

kavita herur commented Sep 18 '17, 4:38 a.m. | edited Sep 18 '17, 4:40 a.m.

I don't have  much information. But while transfering data from LZ(landing zone) to IC(Integrated Core)  adds these ( WT and attribute name )details in log file

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 19 '17, 10:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 19 '17, 10:23 a.m.

Yes, for all I know the attribute ID's are case sensitive and, in any case, you should always assume that ID values are case sensitive, because that is the quickest possible match. I would assume an information that they are not case sensitive in the rare cases where they aren't.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.