It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modified date do not match Link History to both WIs

Liney Reis (149) | asked Sep 14 '17, 5:10 p.m.

Hello,

When I link one workitem to another, both WIs show the change in the History, however only the one that was "Saved" has its "Modified date" updated.

Once both WIs show link changes in the History, could this issue be considered a Defect?

How can I get by query those WIs that were modified (link added/removed), but not "Saved"?

Thanks a lot.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 15 '17, 5:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

WRT whether the creation of a backlink on a work item should be update the modification time of that work item could be argued either way.  An argument in favor of doing so is the one you made, i.e. a change shows up in the history, so the modification time should be updated.   An argument against doing so is that the user never "saved" a change to that work item, so they would not expect the modification time to be updated.  Unless this was a critical bug, it is unlikely that the development team would make this change, since there could be a lot of customer scripts that depend on the existing semantics.

As for querying for work items that were modified (link added/removed) but that change was not saved, I doubt that you can ...  that change has not been posted to the database, so it would not be available for querying.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.