It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM application vs product

YASEF Startinov (17419) | asked Sep 08 '17, 5:23 a.m.
retagged Sep 15 '17, 6:31 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Hello,

I'm sur I posting a very bad question, but I want please an explication :
As I know RM application and DOORS NG are the same thing.
But, I read this in a download description :

"
The Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) all-in-one installer includes the option to deploy a shared Jazz Team Server and the Change and Configuration Management (CCM), Quality Management (QM), Requirements Management (RM), Jazz Reporting Service (JRS), and Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager (RELM) applications, and trial licenses for Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager, and Rational DOORS Next Generation that unlock access to capabilities provided by the applications.  "

I still have some problems trying to draw the line between CLM applications and products !

4 answers

permanent link
YASEF Startinov (17419) | answered Sep 08 '17, 11:37 a.m.
edited Sep 08 '17, 11:37 a.m.

Thank's.
So what's CLM ?
it's only allow to show the all products as one ? it's a product itself or note ?
Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 08 '17, 11:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes requirement artifacts are managed by DOORS NG. You can tell by looking at the URL for a requirement. if it includes <server>/rm/... then DOORS NG is managing the artifacts (that is, the RM application).

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Sep 08 '17, 12:16 p.m.

CLM is the collection of these products in a single solution on a common Jazz Team Server.

It's possible to purchase "CLM Practitioner" license or the individual RTC, RQM, RDNG licenses.

YASEF Startinov commented Sep 10 '17, 5:44 p.m.

But, CLM isn't the only way to make collaboration between RTC, RQM, RDNG ?

Let suppose, that a company has RTC ad RDNG and it mange QM with an other solution like (HP ALM).
It will not purchase CLM beacause, it will not need RQM, so how it can link RTC with RDNG without developing OSLC like how it's in CLM.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 10 '17, 6:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As Daniel indicated in his comment above, CLM is the name for the set of applications (RTC, DNG, RQM, etc), and "CLM Practioner" is the name for a license that gives you access to all the functionality of all of those applications.   So you cannot "purchase CLM" ... you can "purchase the CLM Practioner license" (or any other licenses that you wish).  This has nothing to do with the technology that links one application to another ... that technology is part of each of the applications, so if you purchase licenses that give you functionality provided by more than one application, you also purchase the functionality that integrates those applications.

YASEF Startinov commented Sep 11 '17, 3:56 a.m. | edited Sep 11 '17, 4:28 a.m.

Excellent !
Thanks a lot ..
one last question please:
If I'm not mistaken, we have a Dashbord (reporting, ...)  provided by CLM. If this fonctionality it's not from CLM, so it concerns which of the applications  (RTC, DNG, RQM, etc) ?

permanent link
YASEF Startinov (17419) | answered Sep 08 '17, 11:25 a.m.
edited Sep 08 '17, 11:29 a.m.
Thank's for your answer.
In my case (picture).
When I create a requirement in RM application it's in DOORS NG or RM CRM application ?

http://hpics.li/cbcc8ab

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 08 '17, 7:25 a.m.
  1. The functionality for a product is unlocked with a license
  2. The primary functionality for a product is mostly included in one application (for example RM for DOORS NG, CCM for RTC).
  3. Product licenses typically give access to more than one application.
  4. The DOORS NG Analyst license also enables use of the work item system (tracking and planning) which is provided in the CCM application.
  5. Each primary license (RTC Developer, RQM Quality Professional, RDNG Analyst) includes secondary ("Contributor") access to the other applications. This is so that (for example) a developer can read and comment on requirements and tests.
  6. There is a summary of capabilities enabled in each license here:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_license_mgmt_over.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.