It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

More complex filter options in DOORS NG

Niels Jørgen Strøm (8136) | asked Sep 07 '17, 8:05 a.m.
edited Sep 07 '17, 8:05 a.m.

I am missing a more advanced filter function in DOORS NG. It seems like it is only possible to AND filters on different attributes. A simple extension being able to use OR and NOT (similar to DOORS Classic) between filters would be very helpful when creating views.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Sep 07 '17, 1:09 p.m.

I concur that an explicit OR feature would sometimes be useful to have - in regard to the NOT operation, however, there is some support for that on a case-by-case basis depending on the Attribute being used in the filter.  See the screen shot below for an example of one case where a NOT operation is supported (via the 'does not contain' option)

Choices supported for Filtering on Role

With regard to the OR capability, an 'implicit' OR-ing is provided  (when filtering on a single attribute) via the 'is any of' option as shown below when filtering on folders

Example of an implicit OR operation on folders

Niels Jørgen Strøm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Niels Jørgen Strøm commented Sep 08 '17, 2:27 a.m.

Thank you for the answer. I see the points regarding the "NOT" part of the question and OR'ing when filtering on a single attribute.

Do you or anybody else know if there are plans to implement the "OR" functionality. It is especially needed for filtering multiple attributes. E.g. "Show me all artifacts that have either this attribute value of attribute #1 or this attribute value of attribute #2".

Daniel Barbour commented Sep 08 '17, 9:54 a.m. | edited Sep 08 '17, 9:55 a.m.

Niels - I did a search in the DNG Work Items and did not find anything that explicitly pertained to adding an OR option for combining artifact filtering rules.  I might simply have not used the 'right' combination of search terms..but in any case I would recommend that you enter a Request For Enhancement work item via link https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome  if you want this feature to be considered for future implementation (but it is probably too late to be considered for 6.0.5 coming out in January 2018)

Niels Jørgen Strøm commented Sep 11 '17, 4:19 a.m.

Thanks!
I will consider to do that.

One other answer

permanent link
Theresa Soares (132) | answered Feb 08 '18, 7:33 p.m.

Comments
Niels Jørgen Strøm commented Feb 09 '18, 3:15 a.m.

Thanks, I believe you are right.

Unfortunately it seems like there has been no movement since 2014 on this request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.