It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configure Time spent attribute along with Time Remaining in Safe 3.0(Program) Template Task workitem

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Sep 07 '17, 5:51 a.m.
edited Sep 07 '17, 5:53 a.m.

Hi,

I have created a Project area with SAFe 3.0 Process (Program) Template. By default,this template comes with Estimate and Time Remaining Attributes. We have enabled time tracking also. 

As per business requirement,Team need Time Spent and Time Remaining , both attributes in task workitem. Is there any possibility by Dojo script where i can calculate Time Spent and present it on workitem presentation.

Thanks in advance,

Harish

One answer

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Sep 07 '17, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Harish,
Yes, you can do something like that. There is actually only a single Time Spent system attribute and it is used for an internal calculation based on how you want Progress represented. If you choose to see Progress based on Time Spent, then Time Spent is calculated as Estimate - Time Remaining (which is actually the name of the attribute on the Task as far as I remember). This result is not stored anymore. Conversely, if you want to see Progress based on Time Remaining, then that is calculated as Estimate - Time Spent using the same Task attributes.

In any case, you can add a custom attribute to the Task if you like and then add a Calculated Value for that attribute which can be implemented as Java Script. You would specify this in the Eclipse client:

1. Open the Project Area
  2. Click on the Process Configuration tab
  3. Navigate to Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Attribute Customization

You'll find other examples of this by looking at some of the attributes we already have that do this, such as the WSJF attribute.

Hope that helps,

Amy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.