It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to sort the WIs by the count of each owner in the "Out of Box" RTC BIRT report "Work Items by Owner"?

Albert Yao (5411322) | asked Sep 07 '17, 4:16 a.m.
Hi, I have ran the "Out of Box" RTC BIRT report "Work Items by Owner" successfully in the sample project area "JKE Banking", 
but I want to sort the WIs by the count of each owner, for example, 
The count of Bob's WIs is more than Dave and less than Deb, so the "bar graph" of Bob should display above Dave and below Deb;
also, the count of Tammy's WIs is the least, so the "bar graph" of Tammy should display in the top.
How to implement it?

Comments
Albert Yao commented Sep 07 '17, 4:40 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Sep 07 '17, 5:30 a.m.

Albert,

I am afraid you will have to touch the underlying .rptdesign file with the BIRT Report Designer (an Eclipse plugin). Since the BIRT version is frozen in RTC you will have to find the plugin for version 2.6.2
Modify, export, upload to RTC and the new report will support whatever sort you built in.

Here are some links to tutorials how to modify .rptdesign for RTC:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/create-custom-reports-birt-rtc/index.html

If this is helpful please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

permanent link
Albert Yao (5411322) | answered Sep 08 '17, 12:50 a.m.

Thanks, Arne!

I have got the RTC Eclipse Client and BIRT IDE and the original "Work Items by Owner.rptdesign".
Could you offer a specific way to implement it? 
How and which steps need to modify the "Work Items by Owner.rptdesign" in the IDE to implement the sorting by count of each owner?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.