It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about Resolution Code in RTC

Feng Liu (511125) | asked Sep 23 '09, 1:32 a.m.
I know there are some resolutions status can be defined in the Proecess Template at Configuration Data -> Work Items -> Workflows and these resolution code can further describe the status under close group such as Resolved and Closed.

Now I would like to use these resolution code (maybe I can define some new ones) to describe the status under open group, for example, the status Open, to present more complex status. Is this way reasonable from the concept perspective?

Since we don't know what context and purpose is for the resolutions code in the future version of RTC, so we are not sure if we extend and use the resolution code to describe more complex status makes sense.

Can anyone give some clues? Thanks very much!

One answer

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Sep 23 '09, 9:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Although the term 'resolution' implies a 'resolved' state, the resolutions in RTC can be used for states in any state group. Today it is conceptually a 'refinement of a state'.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.