It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The server could not be contacted: Failure sending HELO command to SMTP server

Bharat Malge (2131430) | asked Aug 23 '17, 6:08 a.m.
retagged Feb 26 '18, 12:59 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

Hello,

I have setup my JTS successfully, but when I am trying to enable the email notification I am getting below exception.

The configuration test resulted in warnings. Review the warnings before continuing.ID CRJAZ1580W
hide details
The server could not be contacted: Failure sending HELO command to SMTP server
Though my details like mail id and smtp server parameters are correct. I have also tried with google settings and smtp server still its throwing the same exception.
Can anyone help me with this ? 
Thanks in Advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 28 '17, 7:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to set up the SMTP server so that the JTS and the other applications can send e-mails.

If you think the SMTP server details are correct, but the server can still not be reached, check your network e.g if the firewall blocks the communication.

It is not the SMTP server that complains, it is the JTS that does.

In the end you have to correctly set up the SMTP server and there is no way for the forum users to help you with that.

permanent link
Ruth Goreti Gonzalez Rodriguez (25110) | answered Feb 19 '18, 4:34 p.m.

Hi, Bharat.

There is a change in mailing libraries in CLM 6.0.3 and later,  this EHLO problem could be triggered by this change, check the following link to troubleshoot SMTP:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.5/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/c_troubleshoot_smtp.html

Regards!

permanent link
Snehal Yendhe (15130) | answered Apr 21 '18, 4:58 a.m.

Hi Team,  

I also getting same issue  
         I am using CLM 6.0.5. I am trying to enable the email notification I am getting below exception
"Configuration changes saved successfully, but there are some properties with warnings. Please check any properties flagged below and take an appropriate action" 
  configuration details :
      SMTP server name : smtp.office365.com, 
       Port : 587.
Getting following errors: 
1) "The server could not be contacted: Failure sending HELO command to SMTP server"
2) "java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out"  
 for 2nd error I got two resolution like 
      1. Use the -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true JVM system property to help enable support for IPv4 on Java 7.
      2. Check that anti-virus and firewall software on the server is not blocking Bitbucket Server's ability to connect to the mail server.
I resolved these(uninstall anti-virus and off firewall). but still throwing same error.

I have also tried with google settings and smtp server still its throwing the same exception..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.