It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict Deliver on shared components

vinitha dsouza (14719119) | asked Aug 18 '17, 5:04 a.m.

Hello ,

I have Usecase like below which is similar,

We have BasePlatform Concept where in which we have Platform Stream which has Components,
i.e
BasePlatform Stream

CompPlat1
CompPlat2

After Platform Team Delivers some Snapshot other Projects which use this and have their specific implementaion.
project Stream
            CompPlat1 (Used from Platform Stream)
   CompPlat2 (Used from Platform Steam)
   projectcomp1

With above structure of Project Stream, how can i avoid delivering changes to CompPlat1 and CompPlat2?
As Deliver permission on Owner of Stream, we can avoid Project Team changing the Components from BasePlatform

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 18 '17, 5:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use the "Restrict Change Set Delivery to Components in a Stream" Deliver(Server) precondition.

Comments
vinitha dsouza commented Aug 18 '17, 6:22 a.m.

Thank you for your answer. But i see that we have 30+ Components and going to each component and setting is difficult. besides that for every Stream i have add this precondition.

On side note: We are planning note to give configuration of Preconditions to User.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 18 '17, 8:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can create your own custom pre-condition if you can think of an easier way to define this.   I know of one customer that is writing a custom pre-condition that says you can only deliver to a component if you are a member of the project area that owns that component.   You could also submit an enhancement request for the behavior you would like to see.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.