It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adapter Console Query

jaya krishna (11612112) | asked Sep 22 '09, 12:19 p.m.
Hi All,

I had installed QTP Adapter. Under Execution -> Adapter Console, i was able to see below details.

ID : 1
Machine Name: FFDCT10-745
Adapter Type: qtp
Health: Green icon
Host Name: FFDCT10-745
IP:10.205.201.159
Polling Interval: 5 sec

Could anyon explain me clearly the below fields:
Machine Name: What does this refer to, how do i know whether the displayed Machine name is correct or wrong.
Host Name: What does it refer to, how do i know whether it the displayed Host Machine name is correct or wrong.
IP: My system ip is 10.205.201.154 why does it display 10.205.201.159.

Regards,
Jayakrishna.

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 22 '09, 5:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Jayakrishna,
All of that information is obtained when the adapter registers with RQM. It corresponds to the information about the agent machine where the adapter is running.
The "name" is the name given to the adapter machine. By default this will be the hostname.
You can view all of this information in the Lab Resource record created (or updated) for the adapter machine. Go to the "Lab Management" flyover and work from there.
If there is an ip address discrepancy, is there a chance you are on DHCP and you're IP lease was up? Are you sure you're checking the ip of the correct machine?
Regards,
John

Hi All,

I had installed QTP Adapter. Under Execution -> Adapter Console, i was able to see below details.

ID : 1
Machine Name: FFDCT10-745
Adapter Type: qtp
Health: Green icon
Host Name: FFDCT10-745
IP:10.205.201.159
Polling Interval: 5 sec

Could anyon explain me clearly the below fields:
Machine Name: What does this refer to, how do i know whether the displayed Machine name is correct or wrong.
Host Name: What does it refer to, how do i know whether it the displayed Host Machine name is correct or wrong.
IP: My system ip is 10.205.201.154 why does it display 10.205.201.159.

Regards,
Jayakrishna.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.