It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I make the timeline in RTC selectable in JRS?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Aug 15 '17, 12:12 p.m.

I am writing a report where I want to choose a specific iteration in RTC  as a parameter.  I have three project areas in scope in the report, and only two of the three timelines are up in the filter selection.  It seems that the third one needed to have the timeline marked as the "project timeline", so I did that and ran the DCC, but the timeline still isn't showing up.  My questions are:

1. What jobs in DCC need to be run to insert timeline data into the data warehouse?  Not all of the jobs were selected and so it is possible one of those jobs that wasn't run need to be.

2. Is there something else I need to do to make the timeline selectable?  I have the same privileges in all three project areas, so it doesn't seem like that is the issue.

One answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Aug 15 '17, 10:44 p.m.

Hi Kim,

1. The timeline data is updated by DCC job "Jazz Foundation Services - Core". The definition of this job is "Collects data that is common to all CLM applications, such as project areas, team areas, iterations, time-lines, user information, and other elements. This job runs against all CLM applications, including the Jazz Team Server."

2. Do you see this timeline successfully as a data in the report? If it is displayed as a data, but not as a filter selection, then the meta model is not updated correctly. Go to JRS Admin > Data source > (select appropriate DS) > Refresh button (in top right), and see how it goes. If nothing changes, then verify rs.log if something went wrong. 

Comments
Kim Williams commented Aug 16 '17, 2:21 p.m.

HI Kenji,

Thanks for this answer.  I need a couple of details on number 2.  Could you please tell me how I could tell if is it displayed as data?  I don't understand what that means.

Thanks,
Kim

Kenji Sarai commented Aug 17 '17, 9:06 p.m.

What I mean is to create a simple report with displaying all timelines in the table, and see if all of 3 timelines are displayed.

If all 3 are displayed, then the problem is in meta model. Make sure it is updated without any error in rs.log.

If only 2 of them are displayed, then DCC job has a problem. Verify if JFS -Core job is running successfully with log file dcc_etl_JFS_RTCResourceGroupx.log. Or make another change in 3rd timeline, and let the DCC job reload the missing timeline. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.