It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the upgrade to 6.0.3 forcing me to use ojdbc7.jar driver. We are still using Oracle 11g

Michael Johnson (44618) | asked Aug 14 '17, 11:18 a.m.

All, 

I started to upgrade RTC v6.0.1 to RTC v6.0.3.  
I am on Windows 2012 Server WAS 8.5.5.11 with an Oracle database (11.0.2.4).   I am using the upgrade scripts.  The first script that I run (repotools -upgrade jts)  errors out that the oracle driver is incorrect and can't be found.  

The error states that the Oracle Driver (ojdbc7.jar) cannot be found at C:\IBM\JTS603\server\conf\oracle.  

I installed 6.0.1 with no problem with the oracle driver (ojdbc6.jar) located at:
C:\IBM\oracle\ojdbc6.jar.  This is also the property that is set in WAS (ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE).  

Documentation reads that I should be using ojdbc6.jar (Oracle v 11g). 
Can I simply put the ojdbc7.jar where it wants it?  Why don't I have control over this?  Where are these properties set?

Thanks for your help!
Michael

One answer

permanent link
Michael Johnson (44618) | answered Aug 14 '17, 7:13 p.m.

All,

Once I found the ojdbc7.jar driver and moved it to the location specified in the error:

C:\IBM\JTS603\server\conf\oracle

I was able to successfully run all of the upgrade scripts with out error.  I find it odd that the documentation clearly states we are supposed to use the ojdbc6.jar driver - we could not continue with the upgrade without the newer Oracle driver.

So my answer is - go ahead and use the newer driver - it worked fine for us.

Good luck,

Michael

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.