It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to change Chinese unassigned value for Change Request approval?

Nitin Kaushik (11118) | asked Aug 14 '17, 5:16 a.m.

Hi 

however my requirement is something different . We have RTC English installment ver. 6.0.2 iFix 006. We are using the default change request workflow. Under the approval tab sometime Chinese strings comes as default values against approval tab.

Is there a way to see the possible root cause and rectify the situation ?

Regards
Nitin Kaushik

One answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered Aug 14 '17, 9:59 p.m.

I suspect that the project area was created using Chinese locale. If you do that, even if you change all your other settings to English, it will still show some information in Chinese. I think there is a high probability that you will find Chinese strings in a few more locations other than the approval tab if you dig around a bit.

If this is the case, I don't think you will be able to fix the problem. The only way I know is to create a new project area using the an English locale process template. As you can see from the link you give, you would need to manually overwrite strings in the source code and database, which would be very dangerous and unsupported.

If this is not the case, here are some troubleshooting options.

1. Make sure that you are using an English OS for the server and client machines. If not, you would need to start with some JVM options to set locale to English forcibly (I think).
2. If you are viewing RTC from a browser, make sure that you have English listed at the top of your language options. If you have Chinese at the top you will get a strange combination of Chinese and English.
3. If you are using Eclipse client add -nl en to the end of your startup shortcut and restart Eclipse.

There was some discussion about this in the below forum question:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/58194/how-to-start-rtc-server-in-english

Comments
Nitin Kaushik commented Aug 16 '17, 8:41 a.m.

Hi Ian

Is there any way I can check the locale when the project area is being getting created ? 

Creation of new project area does not seems feasible as its an old project. 

Ian Wark commented Aug 17 '17, 9:13 p.m.

Yes. You should select English locale from here.

Locale setting for project area process template

Nitin Kaushik commented Aug 24 '17, 9:39 a.m.

Thanks Ian I will check with the admin which locale does he used during the project creation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.