It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we read Related Artifacts information in RTC workitem using a dojo script

lakshmi jyothsna (3716) | asked Aug 10 '17, 2:10 a.m.

Hi Jazz,

Please let me know , Is it possible to read the information of the Related artifacts of the workitem like Name of the artifact ? We need to assign the retrieved value ie.name of the artifact to an attribute of workitem using dojo script. Please clarify that is it possible , if so suggest me the way how can we attain this. Thanks in advance.

Waiting for the reply......

Thanks,
Jyothsna.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 10 '17, 4:54 a.m.

If you mean attribute customization when you say "dojo script", then the answer is no, as what the JavaScript can do is very limited. But if you're developing a widget or something else, then it may be possible, as Jean-luc suggested.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
lakshmi jyothsna commented Aug 10 '17, 5:32 a.m.

Hi Donald, 

Thanks for response. yeah its like attribute customization only .So its not possible in our case? We could not get the name of the related artifacts using dojo ?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 10 '17, 8:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For attribute customization

"the answer is no"

There is a remote possibility to hack something but I would not count on it.
If you use Java for the attribute customization the API options are getting bigger and you might be able to pull something off.

lakshmi jyothsna commented Aug 10 '17, 9:09 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.

One other answer

permanent link
Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | answered Aug 10 '17, 3:28 a.m.

I lake your context. However if you are developing an application, you could perform a REST /get call to consume the JSON payload. From the ajax response you should be able to select the name of the artifact.

Comments
lakshmi jyothsna commented Aug 10 '17, 5:35 a.m.

hi Jean,

Thanks for response . We want attribute customization , we are not developing application. we want the name of the related artifact and assign it to the attribute in the work item. If any suggestion regarding this please help me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.