It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why won't RQM Adapter upload attachments?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Aug 09 '17, 6:45 p.m.

I have used the following article (https://jazz.net/library/article/809#AttachFiles) to try to upload attachments to RQM after execution of my Selenium script (using RQM CLA adapter) with version 6.0.2.  However, I'm unable to get any attachments to load (other than the default one with std out content).  The "qm_AttachmentsFile" environment variable is available to both my Java test as well as the script that launches the test, but creating this file with the name/value pairs for my attachments has no effect.

It was reported to me by my colleagues that they are no longer able to upload attachments with the RQMUrlUtility, which worked at one time, so I'm wondering if there could be a broader issue in the system that is blocking attachments. 

Any ideas on what I could check would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 10 '17, 4:56 a.m.

Does it affect some of the project areas, or the entire environment? Have you checked the qm.log file for any related errors?

One answer

permanent link
Robert Huet (23112884) | answered Aug 10 '17, 3:15 p.m.
edited Aug 10 '17, 3:16 p.m.

It turns out that the key/value pairs in the file that is indicated by qm_AttachmentsFile needs to have the escape characters.  For example:  output=c:\\app\\temp.txt.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.