It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query all build engines and get the build definitions associated to it in Java API?

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Aug 09 '17, 5:26 a.m.

I want to analyze the load on each build engines and rearrange some build definitions to some other build engines.

To do this which I want to get all available Build engines in a given PA and then get all build definitions associated to it.

How can i do this with Plain Java API? 

we have 50+ Build engines and doing this manually is tough and also want to do the same in future too.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 09 '17, 5:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Aug 10 '17, 11:43 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for the pointers.

I also found https://jazz.net/forum/questions/88881/how-to-get-the-iteambuildservice and this is mostly what I need. 

Now that I have the build engines, I am able to get buildEngine.getSupportedBuildDefinitions() just that I am unable o get the ID of the build definition returned. I am exploring that.

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | answered Aug 11 '17, 5:11 a.m.
edited Aug 22 '17, 4:49 a.m.

I found https://jazz.net/forum/questions/88881/how-to-get-the-iteambuildservice and this is mostly what I need. 

With the piece of code in the above link, the following code will give all the build definitions from the Engine.

List<IBuildDefinitionHandle> lstBDefs = buildEngine.getSupportedBuildDefinitions();
for (IBuildDefinitionHandle lBDef : lstBDefs)
{
     IBuildDefinition bd = (IBuildDefinition)auditableClient.fetchCurrentAuditable(lBDef, ItemProfile.createFullProfile(IBuildDefinition.ITEM_TYPE), null);
     System.out.println(buildEngine.getId() + ";" + buildEngine.isActive() + ";" + bd.getId());
}

Thanks @Ralph and @sdetweil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.