It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attributes in Report Builder

Richard K (25311) | asked Aug 03 '17, 8:39 a.m.
retagged Jan 10 '18, 6:14 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Hello, When I create a report in Jazz Report Builder, the Add Condition window shows a list of attributes. This list of attributes is very short compared to the list of attributes in Requirements Management (DOORS Next Generation). How do I create a report based on DNG attributes? Thanks, Richard.

4 answers

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Aug 15 '17, 5:13 a.m.

Hi Richard,

If you got "No result found", then it means the RICALM schema exists but no data inside. It is less likely caused by repotools-jts.

The first (original) query you presented is nothing related to custom attributes. If you get empty result with this query, then I am afraid you have not run DCC job ever.  The first query is retrieving data from Data-mart jobs (as opposed to ODS jobs), so ensure if you run DCC job ( both ODS and meta-data) successfully. If you have not run DCC job, then of course custom attributes are not listed in the condition. You can run DCC job from https://servername:port/dcc/web

For troubleshooting further, there are four types of JRS reports:
1. ODS (Current data) with standard attributes
2. ODS (Current data) with custom attributes
3. Data-mart (Historical trend) with standard attributes
4. Data-mart (Historical trend) with custom attributes

Let me know which is is successful and which one is not.

Comments
Richard K commented Aug 15 '17, 8:30 a.m. | edited Aug 15 '17, 8:31 a.m.

Thanks a lot for telling me about the 4 types of reports, and about DCC job.

"The first (original) query you presented is nothing related to custom attributes."

The first one was an example using one of the built in attributes called 'Business Goal' which are the only ones I can see in Report Builder. Replace that attribute with a custom one, and you know what I'm trying to do.

"You can run DCC job from https://servername:port/dcc/web "

IBM WebSphere Application Server

Context Root Not Found

Kenji Sarai commented Aug 15 '17, 8:54 p.m.

I got an impression that you have not run the data collection job. That's why you always get an empty report regardless of custom attributes. Have you deployed dcc application? If not, how do you run the data collection job (aka. ETL job)?

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc/topics/c_ovr_architecture.html 

I think you have a DW database with RICALM schema defined, but there is no data loaded by data collection job in dcc application. Report Builder cannot get data directly from dng application.

permanent link
Richard K (25311) | answered Aug 14 '17, 11:21 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Thanks for the detailed response. I tried that advanced query you sent, but it returns "no results found" when I run the report. I do not know how I would run the command "repotools-jts" on the server, since it's a cloud-based server hosted by IBM.

The original query, choosing a random attribute, automatically created by Report Builder, was:

SELECT T1.PERIOD_START_DATE,
       SUM(T2.TOTAL_REQUIREMENTS) AS METRICSVAR14
FROM RIDW.D_DATE T1
INNER JOIN RIDW.F_REQUIREMENT_METRICS T2
ON (T1.DATE_ID = T2.DATE_ID)
  INNER JOIN RIDW.D_REQUIREMENT_CLASSIFICATION T3
  ON T3.REQUIREMENT_CLASS_ID=T2.REQUIREMENT_CLASS_ID
WHERE T2.PROJECT_ID = 2  AND
(  MONTHS_BETWEEN(CAST(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS DATE), CAST(T1.PERIOD_START_DATE AS DATE)) <= 3 AND
  DAYS(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ) - DAYS(T1.PERIOD_START_DATE) >= 0 AND
  T3.NAME = 'Business Goal'
) AND
(T1.DATE_ID <> -1 AND T1.DATE_ID IS NOT NULL) AND
(T2.REQ_METRIC_ID <> -1 AND T2.REQ_METRIC_ID IS NOT NULL)GROUP BY T1.PERIOD_START_DATE

And the new query, for the attribute Elec Status, was:

SELECT DISTINCT T1.NAME,
       T2.LITERAL_NAME AS LITERAL_NAME
FROM RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT T1
LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQRMENT_ENUMERATION T2
ON T2.REQUIREMENT_ID=T1.REQUIREMENT_ID AND T2.NAME='Elec Status'
WHERE T1.PROJECT_ID = 2
 AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.REQUIREMENT_ID <> -1 AND T1.REQUIREMENT_ID IS NOT NULL)

I tried it without the space as well, ElecStatus, even though there is a space in DNG, but the result was the same.

Thanks,

Richard

permanent link
Richard K (25311) | answered Aug 04 '17, 8:25 a.m.

Thanks a lot for your response. See my answers below.

>What version of JTS, DNG, JRS are you using?
6.0.3 for all.

>Are you using data warehouse or LQE data source?
Rational Data Warehouse.

>Are these missing attributes custom attributes you have defined in DNG? If not, what kind of attributes are present and what are missing?
Yes.

>If you are using old version of JRS such as 5.0.x, custom attributes might not be available, and need to upgrade JRS to the latest version (at least 6.0.1).
Nope, started on 6.0.2, now on 6.0.3.

>It could be that you need to refresh the meta model in JRS data source (Go to https://  server  :  port  /rs/setup , open data source, and click on "Refresh" button on top right) to load custom attributes.
Thanks for these instructions. I did these, but nothing changed.

>It could be that schema RICALM is not present in DW database somehow, and custom attributes are not loaded into DW (data warehouse).
Is there some way for me to check this?

>It could be that these missing attributes never have values in DNG, so it is ignored by JRS.
Nope, we have 18000+ artifacts using these attributes.

Thanks,
Richard

Comments
Kenji Sarai commented Aug 07 '17, 2:58 a.m.

Hi Richard,

Regarding RICALM schema, here is the sample query you can verify in Advanced section in Format result in RS.

SELECT DISTINCT T1.NAME,
       T2.LITERAL_NAME AS LITERAL_NAME
FROM RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT T1
LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQRMENT_ENUMERATION T2
ON T2.REQUIREMENT_ID=T1.REQUIREMENT_ID AND T2.NAME='xx'
WHERE T1.PROJECT_ID = yy
 AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.REQUIREMENT_ID <> -1 AND T1.REQUIREMENT_ID IS NOT NULL)

where xx is the custom enumeration attribute name, yy is the project id. Replace them with actual values. Verify the query with one of your custom enumeration attributes. If the requirements and their custom attributes list is not displayed, there is something wrong with RICALM schema creation/upgrade. Have you run repotools-jts command to upgrade schema when upgrading to 6.0.3? Also do you find anything relevant in rs.log or jts.log?

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Aug 03 '17, 9:00 p.m.
edited Aug 03 '17, 9:03 p.m.

Hi Richard,

We need more information to answer correctly:
- What version of JTS, DNG, JRS are you using?
- Are you using data warehouse or LQE data source?
- Are these missing attributes custom attributes you have defined in DNG? If not, what kind of attributes are present and what are missing?

Possible causes are:
- If you are using old version of JRS such as 5.0.x, custom attributes might not be available, and need to upgrade JRS to the latest version (at least 6.0.1).
- It could be that you need to refresh the meta model in JRS data source (Go to https:// server : port /rs/setup , open data source, and click on "Refresh" button on top right) to load custom attributes.
- It could be that schema RICALM is not present in DW database somehow, and custom attributes are not loaded into DW (data warehouse).
- It could be that these missing attributes never have values in DNG, so it is ignored by JRS.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.