It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve work item LINK HISTORY with Java plain API?

Jerome De (2825) | asked Jul 28 '17, 8:35 a.m.
retagged Mar 29 '19, 5:31 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

[Edit: any idea anybody?]

I know how to read/write the history of a work item (the work item "versions").

I know how to read/write the links for a work item (the last version).

But this is not related.

I would like to know when a link has been created or deleted, maybe bound to a work item version or not, the date would be enough. My goal is to retrieve the history of what happened to a work item since it has been created: change of type, change of status, change of attribute value... this is OK so far; the part I don't get yet is the link part. Any idea?

Thanks!
Jérôme.

Comments
Lucas Pascoal commented Oct 23 '17, 1:32 p.m. | edited Oct 23 '17, 4:10 p.m.

I have the same problem.. I can not see information related to changes in work item relationships.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 27 '17, 6:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 27 '17, 6:28 a.m.

Please see com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService in the server API (shipped with the RTC server SDK).

com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService.computeHistory(IWorkItemHandle, boolean)
com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService.computeLinkHistory(IWorkItem)

Also note that the link history auditing needs to be enabled for the information to be processed: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_enable_auto_archive_links_wi.html

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.