It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem to replicate baselines in a distributed scm environment

Luiz Almeida (23015489) | asked Jul 27 '17, 1:28 p.m.

Hi guys,

I replicated a component from server A to server B, but this operation doesn't bring all the baselines of the component.

As described in this article , I have to follow the steps described in this part to achive the goal.

The problem that is occuring is that I have more than 60 baselines in server A, but only some of them (the last 30) is returned from the server A and are presented in the incoming folder in Pending Changes.

I'd like to know if there is any restriction or limitation to recover the baselines from a component in a remote server? Maybe something related to size or number of changeset, whatever.

Since now, thanks for any tip.

Luiz Cesar.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 27 '17, 5:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can also use a "replace" operation to replace the configuration of that component with the missing baselines, and then do the distributed deliver.

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Jul 31 '17, 8:49 a.m.

Geoffrey,

Do you know any way to do the "deliver" of all the baselines in the same time? Or it's possible just one by one?

Thanks.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 31 '17, 2:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It must be done one by one, so you definitely want to script it, unless you have only a very small number of baselines.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.