It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to configure view of a widget ?

Hugh Cnn (19111) | asked Jul 27 '17, 8:26 a.m.

Hi,

I would like to obtain some attributes of task in my widget view. At this moment, only name of task is displayed in a widget view, but I would like to display some attributes such as priority or severity.

Is it possible to configure the result view to see these differents attributes ?

Thanks,

H

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814161) | answered Jul 27 '17, 9:27 a.m.
edited Jul 27 '17, 9:31 a.m.

There are multiple ways to do this out-of-the-box in RTC without using Report Builder (JRS). If you are working with attributes that have icons defined, you can add those attributes to the list of "Additional Icons" that are displayed in the widget. The icons will be displayed alongside the work items in the query results list and if you mouse over those icons, you can see their values (if you forget what the icon means).

Another option is to execute a query in the web client and then view the query results. Copy the URL of those query results and then use that URL in an External Content widget. You can define the query to show whatever columns you want (including things like Attachments or Links) and then the External Content widget will dynamically update to show the query results.
Here's an example of what that looks like:

Hugh Cnn selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Hugh Cnn commented Jul 27 '17, 10:24 a.m.

Nate,

Thanks for your answer, this is my solution ! Unfortunately, when I use the URL of my query results in an External Content widget, I see nothing, the widget view is empty. Yet, when I click on "External Content" I arrive on the query results view.

Have you any ideas why the widget view is empty ?

Nate Decker commented Jul 27 '17, 11:55 a.m.

I haven't had that problem so I'm not sure why you would be seeing it. I suppose it could be a variable having to do with the browser you are using or the version of CLM. In our environment we use Chrome, Firefox, and IE and all of them work correctly for this. We've done this in several versions of CLM, but the ones we are running right now are 5.0.2, 6.0.1, and 6.0.3.

Maybe something else you can look at is your caching rules in your browser. I find that CLM works best if you set your browser to refresh the cache every time you load the page (i.e., never cache data).

One other answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Jul 27 '17, 9:19 a.m.

Hugh,

if you use Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) you can define arbitrary reports with e.g. these attributes and have them displayed as widget in your dashboard. The standard widgets are mainly BIRT based and their .rpt design can only be touched / modified with a version 2.6.2 BIRT Designer.

JRS is your path forward and I strongly suggest to take a look at it. It is included with all Jazz apps at no additional licensing cost, but needs to be explicitely installed and configured.

- Arne

Comments
Hugh Cnn commented Jul 27 '17, 10:24 a.m.

Arne,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I use only the web client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.