It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I change the sort order of the Status column in queries/plans?

Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | asked Jul 27 '17, 7:17 a.m.

When we sort on the Status column, we want to make sure that for example "Invalid" & "Done" are at the bottom and that "New" & "In Progress" are at the top.

How can I change the sort order to reflect this? I think sorting is now done based on the arbitrary ID in the process configuration source:
<state id="com.ibm.team.workitem.taskWorkflow.state.s3" name="Done" showResolution="false">...</state>

These however don't reflect the sort order we want to show in queries etc. 

Is there some other way to do this? I don't see any sort arrows in the Process Configuration Workflow page... And I'm quite sure it is a bad idea to change either the IDs or the names in an application that's already being used :-D

Comments
Nate Decker commented Jul 27 '17, 9:48 a.m.

We ran into this as well. I think there is likely an existing defect for this because it doesn't make sense to sort by id. Probably the best you can do is find the defect and upvote it.

Donald Nong commented Jul 28 '17, 6:21 a.m.

Vicky, you're absolutely correct in not changing the IDs. I believe the Enhancement work item that Nate asked you to upvote is this one:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/175676

Nate Decker commented Jul 28 '17, 8:21 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | answered Jul 28 '17, 6:27 a.m.

I've upvoted the defect. So far I've not had any luck with upvoting though - hope that helps!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.