It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What am I supposed to do with current iteration ?

Hugh Cnn (19111) | asked Jul 25 '17, 8:00 a.m.

Hi everybody,

I am using RTC5 and I sw that we can put an iteration as current iteration. I am looking for what is that for... Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks,

H

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Jul 25 '17, 9:08 a.m.

Hugh,

permissions in the process configuration can also be set against iterations. You can e.g. have iterations solely for the purpose of generally switching on / off certain process constraints ("delivery only after approval by tech lead") when setting the iteration current. See also
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_customizing_permissions_time_period.html

If this is helpful please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

Hugh Cnn selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Hugh Cnn commented Jul 25 '17, 10:20 a.m.

Thanks Arne

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 26 '17, 3:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 26 '17, 3:06 a.m.

Arne's answer is a major reason, but some other reasons include:

- The current iteration can be used when construction queries, and is used in many of the out-of-the-box queries.
- The current iteration can be used in JRS queries.
- There are some dashboard widgets, such as the Timelines widget that are affected by the current iteration ( https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.dashboard.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_widget_types.html )
- There are some menus that mark which is the current iteration (such as the menu for selecting a value for the Planned-For property of a work item).
- A pre-condition can reference the current iteration (example: the built-in Descriptive_Change_Sets Deliver pre-condition).
- The "current work"  in the Eclipse MyWork view determines current work from the current iteration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.