It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG - Create new RM artifact attribute and dynamically set Initial Value to Identifier

Becky McDermott (921139) | asked Jul 18 '17, 11:21 a.m.

I have the need to create a new RM artifact attribute called something like "OriginalID".  When a new artifact is created, I would like this "OriginalID" attribute to be initialized with the value of "Identifier".

Basically, I have some ReqIF imported artifacts that have "ForeignID" id set and I plan to populate "OriginalID" using the CSV round trip feature with the value of 'ForeignID".

For new artifacts, I would like "OriginalID" to be the value of "Identifier" (the ID in the current system).

That way, "OriginalID" contains either:
1) ForeignID for the case of ReqIF import artifacts
or
2) Identifier for the case of newly created artifacts

And, if this can be somehow done with scripting, I would like to make the field a string and prepend "Sx-" to it.  For example, it would be nice if my new attribute "OriginalID" could look like:

So-6512
So-6523
Sn-10057
Sn-10061

where "So" corresponds to "spec original" and "Sn" corresponds to "spec new".

Is there any sort of client side scripting capability in the RM module that would allow me to set the attribute "Initial Value" to "Identifier" and then also cast it to a string and prepend with the correct "Sx" prefix?

If so, can someone point me to some documentation or examples?

Thank you

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.