It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When exporting to CSV, How to show folder and.or Module name

Thomas Stephens (17311318) | asked Jul 13 '17, 12:26 p.m.

When exporting to CSV, the Used in Modules column in the view is converted to Reuse Count, not the module names. How do we get the module name in the CSV output?

Also, there is no column to see what folder an artifact is assigned to, and therefor that cannot be exported. Will this change in a future version?

Currently using 6.0.1

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 20 '17, 11:16 p.m.

Any reason to include the module names and folder names in the exported CSV file? Are you going to import the CSV file somewhere else?

2 answers

permanent link
Thomas Stephens (17311318) | answered Jul 21 '17, 1:16 p.m.

I have a user request to report on which module(s) each artifact is assigned to.
And the folder name will help users find the artifact in the project area, and show the hierarchy of folders assigned.
Both of these provide context for the artifacts.

Comments
Thomas Stephens commented Jul 21 '17, 3:57 p.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:58 p.m.

I also have a user who wants to see which collections an artifact is in.
As part of the Agile process, requirements are shifted between releases on a regular basis. Tracking these shifts in collections is problematic, because there is no clear way to display collection allocation in a view.
I any of this planned for 6.0.5?

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Jul 24 '17, 9:10 a.m.

I know you can get the modulenames using JRS - so if its not too big a problem I suggest creating the report you need there and export it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.