It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting IProcessArea using Plan Java API

Guadalupe Garcia (114) | asked Jul 11 '17, 4:50 p.m.
edited Jul 11 '17, 4:56 p.m.

We are working with RTC 6.0.3, developing a plug in using the Plain Java API over a server. As part of the process the plug in has to execute I need the project area object of a work item the user just saved. The only thing I can get from the work item is an object of type IProjectAreaHandler, and I want to be able to access the object IProjectArea but do not kwon how to access it.

I also would like to know the hierarchy and the difference between the next elements:
- Process Area
- Project Area.
- Team Area

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 12 '17, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 12 '17, 3:27 a.m.

Handles need to be resolved. One way to get is is using the IItemManager that you can get in different ways e.g. from a handle.

(IProjectArea) ((ITeamRepository) handle.getOrigin())
                .itemManager().fetchCompleteItem(handle, IItemManager.DEFAULT,
                        monitor);
There is no Hierarchy as such, ProcessArea is more generic as Project Area and TeamArea are a ProcessArea. IProject Area and ITeamArea have slightly different methods, You will have to look at them yourself.

There are multiple api examples in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ and the related posts in that blog.

permanent link
Guadalupe Garcia (114) | answered Jul 12 '17, 10:20 a.m.

Hi Ralph
thanks for the answer, but the plug in we are developing runs on the server side thus we do not have access to the class ITeamRepository because its defined as a client class inside the package com.ibm.team.repository.client.
Is there a way to achieve the same result but using only server side classes?

:)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.