It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to create a child workitem on save depending on the selection of a checkbox

Guenther Jornitz (5410) | asked Jul 08 '17, 10:30 a.m.

Hi,
I do have the following problem/challenge in RTC 5.0.x... I modified a workitem in the Editor Presentation in the RTC client to contain a checkbox. If this checkbox is selected a new work item should be created during the save operation of the workitem. How can I achieve this?
PS:
I know in terms of template I'm ableĀ  to create child workitems, but I'm having some challenge in getting the dynamic title of the parent being copied into the child item and not always need the child item (dependent on the selection of the checkbox).
Guenther

2 answers

permanent link
Guenther Jornitz (5410) | answered Jul 08 '17, 12:59 p.m.

Thx. for the quick answer... let me give it a try..

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 08 '17, 10:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The editor presentation does not matter. What matters is that it is an attribute value accessible in the save operation.

You could use https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/using-the-work-item-server-api-to-create-work-items/ and create the work item in a follow up action/participant.

All the other API and examples are also available in the blog, including links to the Extension workshop.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.