It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I add values to an existing drop-down list in RTC 6.02?

A S (58530) | asked Jul 06 '17, 1:15 p.m.

I need to add values to an existing drop-down list in RTC 6.02.  How do I do it?  This should be easy, but I am coming back to RTC after a few years and don't remember.

Comments
A S commented Jul 25 '17, 3:38 p.m. | edited Jul 26 '17, 1:03 p.m.

Kevin,

I chose to use check-boxes as my type and it worked well.  I tried too duplicate the steps in another project and the check boxes are not showing up.  Only the field label "Environment" is showing up.  In the first time it worked perfectly.  I am not able to find any differences in the usage except that the template being used is different.  One was a default template for task, in the second case it is the default template for 'defect'.  Any ideas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 06 '17, 1:59 p.m.

Need more context.  Let's presume it's for some attribute on a work item

1. Open the Project for change ( Web UI --> Choose Manage this Project from the settings menu ( sprocket )
  2. Go down to the Work Items section on the left
  3. Choose Enumerations from the sub list that appears under "Work Items" in the body of the page
  4. Find the enumeration on the pulldown
  5. Click the Add... to the right of where the enumeration values are then listed.  
  6. Repeat (5) as needed
  7. Save the project area.
Using Eclipse RTC
  1. Right click the project's label in the Team Artifacts or Team Organization view, choose Open
  2. Click on the Project Configuration tab along the bottom of the new frame.
  3. Expand Project section
  4. Locate/expand the Work Items sub-section, then select Enumerations
  5. At this point the behavior is roughly same as above.
  6. Repeat (5) as needed
  7. Save the project area
The Save button will be in the upper right of both UI

A S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
A S commented Jul 06 '17, 2:33 p.m.

Thank you.  I believe you answered my question.  I will try this solution in a bit.

One other answer

permanent link
A S (58530) | answered Jul 26 '17, 1:06 p.m.

Okay instead of creating a new enumeration field, I reused the field from the other project and it works perfectly.  I am not sure what was different.  Both were of the same type - Environment Found In (Enumeration List)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.