It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attribute value dynamically calculated by java code

Chidambaram L (23414077) | asked Jul 06 '17, 7:18 a.m.

Operation Parameter Behavior PlugIn can set attribute values based on Work Item Save event.
Can the value of the attribute be calculated dynamically by a plugin based on the change of another attribute (not based on Save event). For example: Attribute 2 should set based on the value chosen for Enum Attribute 1.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 10 '17, 11:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your description is pretty vague. So if you want an answer write up a more precise example, if you want an answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 10 '17, 12:00 p.m.

You can use follow up actions or attribute customization to access the attributes. If you can access RQM/DNG data depends on the choices of the approaches and and are not totally clear to me.
If the value of the attribute is calculated, the user would NOT have to choose it at all. So, I can't answer and likely would only be able to tell if I did some prototypes which I don't have time to do.

Chidambaram L commented Jul 11 '17, 8:49 a.m. | edited Jul 11 '17, 8:51 a.m.

Rather this use case is within RTC:

Project Setup: Attribute 1 & Attr 2 is are Value Sets. (values of Attr 2 depends on Attr 1).

Behavior intended: User selects Attr 1; Values of Attr 2 is calculated by rtc plugin & display as an Enum. (PlugIn pulls data from parent and child work items). User selects the intended value for Attr 2 and presses the Save button.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 11 '17, 8:53 a.m.

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414077) | answered Jul 10 '17, 11:36 a.m.
edited Jul 10 '17, 11:38 a.m.

Project Setup: Attribute 1 & Attr 2 is are Value Sets. (values of Attr 2 depends on Attr 1).

Behavior intended: User selects Attr 1; Values of Attr 2 is calculated by rtc plugin & display as an Enum. (PlugIn uses the linked data from RQM & DNG). User selects the intended value for Attr 2 and presses the Save button.

Please note that Save event does not trigger the plugin in this case.

Is this possible ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.