It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OSLC REST call to create the baseline for a given stream of an project area in Global Configuration.

Keerti Kolar (285) | asked Jul 05 '17, 11:48 p.m.

Hi Team,

I want to know the OSLC REST call to create the baselines in GC for a given stream of Project Area.
Is there any documents related to create, read,modify the GC streams, components, baseline, staging baseline REST CALL's.

It will be helpful. Please do the needful help

Thank you, 

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jul 07 '17, 5:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Keerti,

If your question is how to create a global baseline from a global stream via a REST call, then the answer is that, in 6.0.3 and earlier, there is no support for this via a public API. In GCM 6.0.4, there is now a public REST API that is documented under gcContextRoot/doc/scenarios. This includes OSLC compliant services that are documented in the OSLC Core specification, and the OSLC Configuration Management specification.  It also includes GCM-specific non-OSLC services, and this includes creating a global baseline from a global stream. The public documentation includes examples of discovery and service usage.

Best regards,
David

Keerti Kolar selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Philip Smith (1862) | answered Jul 06 '17, 2:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The basic documentation is in the OSLC Configuration Management specification (part 3).

For example, given an RTC stream:

The oslc_config:baselines property is a container showing all of the baselines associated with the stream. A POST is done to that container to create a new baseline (i.e. RTC Snapshot). The data for the POST is the RDF specifying any attributes to be explicitly set:
@prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .<>
        dcterms:description           "This is my snapshot" ;
        dcterms:title                 "Snapshot 170706-001" .

I don't know about GC specific stuff like the staging areas, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.