It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Import Tool with link to existing requirements in DNG (CLM version 6.0.4)

Nadra Rafee (45527) | asked Jul 05 '17, 11:36 p.m.

Tools: RQM, DNG 6.0.4, Excel Import Tool 6.0.4

Is it possible to link test cases to existing DNG requirements during the Excel Import into RQM process by providing the requirements ID in the Excel file?
In other words, without the need to manually create the Req-TC link during the import process?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 10 '17, 2:19 a.m.

Hi, Nadra

The feature is not yet available in ExcelImporter currently. You will have to do that manually using Requirement link window. A RFE is there for a while now and you can try to push it to get done as well:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=126460

Nadra Rafee selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Jul 07 '17, 2:54 a.m.

Hi,

You can link to existing requirement, by selecting the option to "Link to existing requirement" during the export to repository option.

regards,
Somashakar

Comments
Nadra Rafee commented Jul 07 '17, 5:50 p.m. | edited Jul 07 '17, 5:51 p.m.

Thank you for the reply. I am afraid this way, I will still need to manually create the TC to Req link using the Requirement Link window.

In case of large number of test cases and requirements, I would like to create the link in RQM & RM automatically through the Req ID in the Excel sheet during the import process - without the need to manually add the links in the import Req window.

I have added this line in the cfg file:
testcase.requirement=Link(C)

Where column C includes the Req ID which needs to be linked with the TC. But I had errors and no Req linking was created.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.