It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why ole object is not visible after importing reqif file in to Doors ?

Saumya Gupta (29431) | asked Jun 29 '17, 8:54 a.m.

Hi,

it is Doors Question

When i am importing reqif file into doors it is not showing ole objects only its name is visible not diagram, pdf, excel.

Can you please help me that how to get ole object fully.

Thanks in advance!!

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 04 '17, 1:32 a.m.

I believe the ReqIF files work the same way in both DOORS and DNG. If true,you need to import the .reqifz file which is basically a zip file containing a ReqIF file and zero or more attachments. The OLE objects are among those attachments. If you import only the ReqIF file (plain text), you will not get the OLC objects.

Comments
Saumya Gupta commented Jul 04 '17, 4:46 a.m.

Hi Donald,

But that ReqIF is containing pdf and excel files.

Now what i do?
Is there any requirement of installation of OLE client and ole server or any COM is required for that?

Please make sure what should i do ?

Thank you so much for your reply

Saumya Gupta commented Jul 04 '17, 4:55 a.m.

Please i have one more question

" OLE Object" field is not active  bcz it's color is grey and when i click for inserting any thing it does not work. 

Please reply back!!

Donald Nong commented Jul 04 '17, 7:46 p.m.

I'm not aware that any OLE client/server is required for ReqIF export/import. Can you please show me the file structure of the ReqIF package that you try to import? Single file? Multiple files in a folder structure?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.