It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The type name contributor and the namespace URI com.ibm.team.repository do not resolve to IItemType

Raheem Alhamdani (2816) | asked Jun 28 '17, 12:37 p.m.

Plain java standalone (Java 1.6 and RTC 6.0.1) works fine locally, but it doesn't when hosted on WebSphere (8.5.5.0)

I'm getting this error:

[6/28/17 9:29:13:610 MDT] 00000137 WebContainer  E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.internal.WebContainer handleRequest SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /favicon.ico has not been defined.
[6/28/17 9:29:13:641 MDT] 00000137 WebContainer  E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.internal.WebContainer handleRequest SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /favicon.ico has not been defined.
[6/28/17 9:29:29:907 MDT] 00000137 StandaloneFil W com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.StandaloneExtensionRegistry getBundleLocalization Could not open META-INF/MANIFEST.MF for bundle: jar:file:/C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/pc-appext.jar!/plugin.xml
[6/28/17 9:29:29:922 MDT] 00000137 StandaloneFil W com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.StandaloneExtensionRegistry getBundleLocalization Could not open META-INF/MANIFEST.MF for bundle: jar:file:/C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/rrd-appext.jar!/plugin.xml
[6/28/17 9:29:33:876 MDT] 00000137 ServletWrappe E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper service SRVE0014E: Uncaught service() exception root cause /results.jsp: com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager (initialization failure)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:695)
 at com.ibm._jsp._results._jspService(_results.java:137)
 at com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1227)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:776)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:458)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)
 at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletWrapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java:122)
 at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.java:216)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1032)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3761)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:304)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:976)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:200)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:459)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:526)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:312)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:283)
 at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.determineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1048)
 at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink$MyReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLConnectionLink.java:642)
 at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1784)
 at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:175)
 at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
 at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
 at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
 at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
 at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
 at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
 at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1862)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager (initialization failure)
 at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:176)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.(TeamRepository.java:427)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.createSharedTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:526)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:113)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:132)
 at rtcWiz.CreateWorkItem.run(CreateWorkItem.java:139)
 at rtcWiz.CreateWorkItem.createWI(CreateWorkItem.java:110)
 at com.ibm._jsp._results._jspService(_results.java:124)
 ... 29 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The type name Contributor and the namespace URI com.ibm.team.repository do not resolve to an IItemType.
 at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.querypath.AbstractQueryPathModel$Implementation.getItemType(AbstractQueryPathModel.java:192)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.common.query.IQuery$Factory.newInstance(IQuery.java:93)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager.createAllContributorsQuery(ContributorManager.java:72)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager.(ContributorManager.java:60)
 at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
 at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:236)
 ... 36 more

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 28 '17, 10:38 p.m.

The way you deployed the .jar file looks wrong to me. What is the purpose of this .jar file? If you're developing an extension, you have to go back to the workshop and double check how it should be done.

Raheem Alhamdani commented Jun 29 '17, 11:30 a.m.

Its not a jar its a war file, I have searched the forum for similar questions but no clear answer, I've read the extension work shop as well but nothing relate to this.

Raheem Alhamdani commented Jun 29 '17, 11:44 a.m. | edited Jun 29 '17, 11:45 a.m.

The purpose of this application is to create Work Items on the server with some parameters given by the user using a form inside a Servlet/JSP/JSF. Ultimately I would like to guide the users to create WBS through UI and procedures I see fit. another word create my own conveyor belt for the generation of Work Items.

Raheem Alhamdani commented Jun 29 '17, 12:48 p.m.

This is my main concern right now:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager (initialization failure)    

Raheem Alhamdani commented Jul 06 '17, 12:45 p.m.

None of those suggestions helped, can you please be more specific about what am I doing wrong?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 06 '17, 1:14 p.m. | edited Jul 06 '17, 1:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You don't provide any useful information in your question. So start thinking  How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and acting accordingly. Otherwise Google, or a search at Stackoverflow might be an option. 

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Raheem Alhamdani (2816) | answered Feb 22 '18, 12:42 p.m.

class loader policy, and loading the servlet.jar were parts of the problem, not sure why loading the servlet jar stops the app from initializing

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 28 '17, 12:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.