It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is There A Way to Stop User's From Logging to to Jazz Without Stopping WAS or Application?

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Jun 26 '17, 2:33 p.m.

I have a customer who wants to do some standalone testing on a Jazz System.  He does not want to bring the system down, but does want to prevent others from logging in while he is running this test.  Is there a way to do this in CLM 6.0.3? 

One answer

permanent link
Michael Johnson (44618) | answered Jun 26 '17, 4:45 p.m.

Hey Rob,

I can think of a couple different ways depending on what end goal is:
1. Drop the license server.  We used to do this for maintenance cycles.  We would notify all the projects using the system, but would stop the license server because inevitably someone disregard or not get the notice.
2. Remove a particular user's tokens assigned to them.  When a user first gains access to the system you need to assign them tokens (if they are a developer we would grant them access to developer tokens, if doing requirements...).
Just uncheck them from access to the tokens.
3.  Remove them from the project.  This won't necessarily prevent them from logging in, but once they do they really won't have anywhere to go.  
4.  The project permissions also has pretty fine grained control over what users can and can't do.

Hope this helps.
Michael 

Comments
June Boston commented Jun 26 '17, 5:06 p.m.

1) would be easiest.  You could also disconnect the LDAP server from JTS, maybe switch to a WAS federated repository with your admin logins.

Rob Olsen commented Jun 26 '17, 7:15 p.m.

Michael
Thanks for the feedback but I am not sure any of your responses will work for what this customer is trying to do.  The customer himself would like to be able to log in but now allow anyone else.  (1) We could drop the license server, but then the customer would be locked out too.  That makes sense for an upgrade.  (2) Too many users to go through all of them and remove their tokens.  I guess there is a sort of easy way to do that using the Users interface, but that really wasn't what he was looking for.  (3) Again, too much of a pain to remove and add.  (4) Changing project permissions is even more of a pain.

I was looking for a simple "set this flag and lock out all user's except for Admins" ... or something of that nature.  At this time it doesn;t sound like there uis something tthat simple.  I will run the ideas by the customer and see if we want to pursue any of them.

Thanks again!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.