It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error!!! while creating a repository connection from RTCi

Arumugaraj swamynathan (1311) | asked Jun 26 '17, 3:17 a.m.
retagged Jul 02 '17, 11:30 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I have installed Rational developer for i v7.5 (integrated with Rational team concert for i).In that work items perspective im trying to connect to a repository on jazz server which is hosted on windows.I have the URI to connect but results in error stating that "Remote Host closed connection during handshake".please help me to resolve it.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 27 '17, 1:16 a.m.

A handshake error indicates some problems with the SSL configuration. Quite often, it is that the RTC server is restricted to TLSv1.2 only but the RTC client is not enabled for TLSv1.2. Unless you can provide more details about it, it is hard to say what exactly is the cause.

Comments
Arumugaraj swamynathan commented Jun 27 '17, 1:47 a.m.

Thank you Donald...

Do you want me to change the SSL configuration to TLSv1.2.Where can i find the configuration file.

Arumugaraj swamynathan commented Jun 27 '17, 1:51 a.m.

Iam unable to attach the screenshot of what the error it is.Could you please share your email id with me.It would be helpful to explain my error.

Donald Nong commented Jun 28 '17, 12:54 a.m.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with RTCi/RDi or System i in general.

You can try this first.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_enable_tls1.2_rtc.html

If you need further assistance, please contact IBM Support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.