It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to fetch history of workitem having PREVIOUS_REQUEST_RESOLUTION in JRS 603?

rkRash 123 (11219) | asked Jun 22 '17, 10:32 a.m.

Hi All,

We need to fetch the history of resolution from workitem in report?Is it possible to fetch Previous Resolution of a workitem in JRS?PLease let me know the feasibility .

4 answers

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Jun 22 '17, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
The short answer is 'yes, probably' but the details matter. What kind of history are you after? State changes, that kind of thing? You say resolution, so are you specifically referring to something like a Defect that not only has a state but also a resolution like duplicate? I would be happy to cook up an example if you can specifically tell me what you want.
Amy

Comments
rkRash 123 commented Jun 22 '17, 11:24 a.m.

Thku Amy for response,

Actually condition is when the status repoens from Closed->open ,
the resolution changes from released(resolved) to Reopened

Now in report i want count of the workitems where status moved from "closed to "open" and with a condition  Where resolution has moved to" reopened" only from "released".

Formula its like this below:
D = number of issues with transition
“Re-Open” from status “Closed”  status where only moved only from(Resolution = Released(resolved) to status.
IS it possible to fetch the previous resoluttion to put the condition moved only from released?

rkRash 123 commented Jun 22 '17, 12:41 p.m.

Actually  yes the defect has both state and resolution  so we need to fetch the resolution  history only wen resolution   has moved from "released(resolvedl) " To reopened" along with state moving  closed to open. 

permanent link
rkRash 123 (11219) | answered Jun 22 '17, 1:17 p.m.

Hi Amy, 

If you help me out in any logic  to bring out the results  would  be great! 

Comments
Amy Silberbauer commented Jun 22 '17, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you tell me what version of JRS you are using? That matters.
Thanks,
Amy

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Jun 22 '17, 1:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
Absolutely, working on an example as we speak!
Amy

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Jun 22 '17, 2:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
While I'm waiting for you to answer about the version of JRS you're using, let me just tell you how you would do this in 6.0.3 or later. I just can't remember which version the History information was added into the Report Builder UI. My guess is that the metadata is available in the Data Warehouse in earlier versions in any case, so I could share the Advanced SQL with you if you are not able to build this report yourself. I can also export the report example I've created and you can import it into your environment.

In the Report Builder UI, build your report like this (I'm assuming a default Defect workflow):

1. Choose a report type: Current Data (table or graph)
  2. Limit the scope Your choice
  3. Choose an artifact: Work Item History > Defect
  4. Trace relationships and add artifacts: Work Item History > Work Item History Previous Work Item History
  5. Conditions:
    • Work Item History: Type = Defect (should be set automatically by #3 above)
    • Work Item History: Status = New (depends on your workflow)
    • Previous Work Item History: Status = Done (depends on your workflow)
    • Previous Work Item History: Resolution = Fixed (depends on your workflow)
The formatting is up to you. Hope that helps.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me through email if you'd like me to share the report or the SQL.
Amy (asilber@us.ibm.com)

Comments
rkRash 123 commented Jun 22 '17, 2:48 p.m.

Thku so much Amy for your detail  response,  I  am using Jrs 603..  AND I was trying  to fetch  the report using Historical trends  using data warehouse house  with traceability  relationship  work items state history,Unfortunately  I was not able to fetch the data of previous  resolution  resolution  is resolvedor released.. Thku  would like to reach you on email incase of further  query,il try your  solution  and get back to you. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.