It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Environment Sections

Martin Hilton (111) | asked Jun 20 '17, 9:53 p.m.

We are using Rational Quality Manager to plan and execute manual tests for physical products (not Software or IT). We are using the Test Environment to define the configuration of the System of Test. Currently the Test Environment is limited in its usefulness as it has a fixed format and data length for its description. Is there any way to increase the data size of the description?  Ideally we would like to be able to customize Test Environment with sections & child environments just like Test Plan, Test Case/Test Suite etc.

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Jun 27 '17, 12:43 a.m.

Hi Martin, 

I believe by Description you mean the test field with "Summary" which has data text limit of 250 bytes. This field is meant for short summary about Test Environment because it is listed as column in the Test Environments Table. Limiting this text limit make this summary useful for that Table View of Test Environments. 
There is another Description Field with Rich Text Editor capabilities which can be used for better description capabilities. Would that not work for you?

If not, then I would suggest you to raise an RFE with detailed explanation for what you need those capabilities. 
You could choose to follow this link - "https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe" to file an RFE. 

I hope this solves your question.
Thanks,
Abhishek 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.