It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to hide work item type from team in RTC?

Saumya Gupta (29431) | asked Jun 17 '17, 5:36 a.m.
retagged Jul 02 '17, 11:03 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello,

Please have a look at explanation below:
I have 2 team ie. Team A and Team B
I want that "Team A members can't access work item type of Team B Members's work item type.

What I have tried for Team A : At least one team area's member should not be able to see if it is restricted access of work item 
1. created team area A then added users in teams
2.Then created  category and selected team in category and select check box of "restrict access work item"
3. save 
When i checked user of that team was still able to see those work item which i have restricted from category.

Hope to get you back 

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 19 '17, 5:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 19 '17, 5:20 a.m.

Restricted access is explained here: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.concert.tutorial.doc/topics/tut_use_access_group_to_control_access.html&scope=null

The article https://jazz.net/library/article/554 also explains it.

I have looked into the various ways of restricting access and the category based restricted access works. So if restricted access is specified for a category a user that is not a member of the process area (or a member of a child process area of said process area) and does not have JazzAdmin repository permissions can not access work items filed against the category with restricted access.

Note, this is totally independent from work item types, the limitation is for all work items based on the category association.

permanent link
shubham shahu (105251) | answered Jun 19 '17, 5:59 a.m.
Possible approaches you could try are:
  1. Some plan types such as release plans don't show execution items, unless otherwise specified in the Plan Details
  2. Exclude>Execution Items will filter away any Execution item even if it is a child
  3. The display selected in a plan controls if it is hierarchical or not

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 19 '17, 6:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This does not make any sense in the context of the question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.