It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how can i change process configuration?

Eliah Ninyo (21315) | asked Jun 14 '17, 1:52 a.m.
edited Jun 14 '17, 6:36 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

hello,

I have a RTC project which define as "Scrum Process Template" in its process description.

how can I change it? for example to SAFe process?

thanks

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 14 '17, 6:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You appear to actually be asking about changing the process configuration, not just the process description.   I have updated your question to reflect this.   The process description is just text that a human reads ... you could change the process description, but that wouldn't change anything about the actual process ... the actual process is defined by the process configuration.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 14 '17, 2:06 a.m.

Process Description is a special term in RTC.
https://jazz.net/library/article/690

I take that you want to change the "name" or "summary" of the process template. If so, in web client
1. Open the Manage Templates page.
2. Hover the mouse over the template and click on the pencil icon.
3. Modify the name, ID, and/or summary.
4. Click Save.

In Eclipse client
1. Open the Process Templates view.
2. Right-click on the template and choose Open.
3. Modify the name, ID, and/or summary.
4. Click Save.

BTW, the built-in templates are localized, so it may not be a good idea to modify them.

Comments
Eliah Ninyo commented Jun 14 '17, 2:24 a.m.

thanks for the quick answer.

I didn't look for how to change the name of a process template.

I looked for a way to change the process description template for my project. as I said I have a project. its template seems to be Scrum. as you know the template defines things like roles, work item types, etc.

I want to choose another one for my project (SAFe). is there a way to do it?

Donald Nong commented Jun 14 '17, 3:14 a.m.

So you're talking about "process configuration". It may be possible, particularly if the project is empty. But generally speaking, I would say no. Check out this post, it is the exact same question.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/150607/can-i-change-a-project-area-to-use-a-different-process-template

Eliah Ninyo commented Jun 14 '17, 3:49 a.m.

thanks.

great information. the "problem" is my project doesn't have only the plan filled out (which I can export and import to a new project with new process). I have also the source control. so I can't move to another project that easily.

I tried to do the copy and paste of the new (SAFe) process ti the process configuration source tab (XML). but it didn't work.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 14 '17, 6:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can easily move source control object to a different project area ... just change the "owner" of those source control objects to the other project area.   By changing the owner of a component, you automatically change the implicit owner of all baselines, change sets, and versions in that component.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.