It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add new column in a plan RTC

Murilo Valero (1625) | asked Jun 06 '17, 4:26 p.m.
retagged Jun 13 '17, 4:14 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi I saw some questions here and I know that if I create a new attribute text I can't add it in a column display in some plan, but there is any type that I can create a new column and imput some list to chose and show it in a plan?

For example I want to add a new field ITERATION, so I will mark this field with some value that represents when the story will start and show this in a plan view ?

2 answers

permanent link
Christian Morgan (317714) | answered Jun 06 '17, 5:01 p.m.

Actually you can add custom attributes to plan views so the column and value are visible.  You would need to add it in the Planning configuration data section of the process configuration under plan attributes, go into attribute mapping and you can add or remove attributes.

This would also allow you to bring in a field to represent iteration, if you mean a custom attribute that also points to the timeline iteration list like the planned for attribute does.

Or I'm missing what your asking.  If so please elaborate and clarify.

Comments
Murilo Valero commented Jun 07 '17, 4:42 p.m.

Yes I did, I added a new attribute for the WI story and configure it to show a list that I put in the Enumerations tab and then add this new field in the presentation of the story, so I have a new field in the story that shows me some list and i pick one value from this list for this field, Now I want to show this new field in the ranked list plan, so for example I will have there Summary, Rank, Status, Filed Against and the New field.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 08 '17, 2:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As Christian already mentions, you have to add the attribute to the attribute mapping in the process configuration

See

or

https://www.google.com/search?q=plan+attribute+mapping+site:jazz.net 

Once you have done that (in the Eclipse client process configuration) the attribute becomes available as a column to display in plans.

Note: not all attribute types are available to be added to the attribute mapping.

Comments
Murilo Valero commented Jun 08 '17, 8:31 a.m.

Ok, Thank you, I was using the RTC web version.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 08 '17, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unfortunately it still matters, which client you use in some areas. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.