It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access JTS configuration properties from Jazz custom service provider

SEC Servizi (97123660) | asked Jun 06 '17, 11:30 a.m.

We developed a custom service provider (i.e., implementer of com.ibm.team.repository.service.serviceProvider) for Jazz application which should rely on properties already defined by service provider (e.g., com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider) for JTS application.

So, how could we access com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider's configuration properties by JTS from Jazz via Java API?
The naive approach of using IServerConfigurationService.getConfiguration(LDAPUserRegistryProvider.class.getName()).getOverrides() did not work because service will look for properties on current application context (i.e., Jazz, not JTS).
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123660) | answered Jun 07 '17, 4:18 a.m.
My naive assumption would be that you can not access these values of another application easily.

FYI, we developed a giant hack to achieve that: once we get configuration properties from IServerConfigurationService we have to read file /conf/jts/teamserver.properties to get the overridden values.

If there is a common setting, I would assume the setup procedure does deal with it.
Thank you Ralph, we will get a look at this on SDK.
Cheers.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 07 '17, 4:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am surprised you can read in the context of another application. U likely can only do that if you are running on the same server/file system, which is not necessarily true.

SEC Servizi commented Jun 07 '17, 4:32 a.m. | edited Jun 07 '17, 4:32 a.m.
U likely can only do that if you are running on the same server/file system, which is not necessarily true. 

Yes, this was our case of course

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 07 '17, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My naive assumption would be that you can not access these values of another application easily. Security should actually prevent you from being able to read/write properties in another context.

If you look at the CLM setup, all applications, as far as I can tell, store their own configuration parameters. If there is a common setting, I would assume the setup procedure does deal with it. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.