It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access JTS configuration properties from Jazz custom service provider

SEC Servizi (97123559) | asked Jun 06 '17, 11:30 a.m.

We developed a custom service provider (i.e., implementer of com.ibm.team.repository.service.serviceProvider) for Jazz application which should rely on properties already defined by service provider (e.g., com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider) for JTS application.

So, how could we access com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider's configuration properties by JTS from Jazz via Java API?
The naive approach of using IServerConfigurationService.getConfiguration(LDAPUserRegistryProvider.class.getName()).getOverrides() did not work because service will look for properties on current application context (i.e., Jazz, not JTS).
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123559) | answered Jun 07 '17, 4:18 a.m.
My naive assumption would be that you can not access these values of another application easily.

FYI, we developed a giant hack to achieve that: once we get configuration properties from IServerConfigurationService we have to read file /conf/jts/teamserver.properties to get the overridden values.

If there is a common setting, I would assume the setup procedure does deal with it.
Thank you Ralph, we will get a look at this on SDK.
Cheers.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 07 '17, 4:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am surprised you can read in the context of another application. U likely can only do that if you are running on the same server/file system, which is not necessarily true.

SEC Servizi commented Jun 07 '17, 4:32 a.m. | edited Jun 07 '17, 4:32 a.m.
U likely can only do that if you are running on the same server/file system, which is not necessarily true. 

Yes, this was our case of course

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 07 '17, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My naive assumption would be that you can not access these values of another application easily. Security should actually prevent you from being able to read/write properties in another context.

If you look at the CLM setup, all applications, as far as I can tell, store their own configuration parameters. If there is a common setting, I would assume the setup procedure does deal with it. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.