It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you make custom DCC ETLs?

Ryan Boyce (3312) | asked May 26 '17, 11:17 a.m.

We are trying to add custom ETLs to DCC, version 6.0.3. We read that this was possible here:

The article says you can use the built in ETL files as a guide when doing this, and it points you to a JAR file, where these files are supposed to be. We cracked open this jar file, and all we could find were .CLASS files, which we do not know how to read, and do not look to helpful anyway. 

Has anyone tried to add custom ETL jobs to DCC, and can you give us any guidance?

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments
Rafik Jaouani commented May 30 '17, 1:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ryan can you please contact IBM support and ask for a screen sharing session? They will guide you through the steps. To unzip the com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service jar file, I used 7-zip.

2 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered May 26 '17, 1:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can find them inside the following JAR file: <server directory="" install=""> /server/conf/dcc/sites/dcc-updatesite/plugins/com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service_XXXXXXXX.jar </server>

Copy this JAR file to a location outside of DCC and use any uncompression tool to locate the ETL files in the mapping folder.

The folder is named: mapping.

Comments
Ryan Boyce commented May 30 '17, 11:29 a.m.

That was exactly what the wiki site I referenced told me to do. I did that and then ran into the problem I elaborated on in my post. I found no Mapping folder inside this unzipped jar file. All there are are .CLASS files and a manifest file.

permanent link
Ryan Boyce (3312) | answered May 30 '17, 4:31 p.m.

Ok. Thanks. I'll try that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.