It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

If I forget to use change set for update, how can I merge it to other stream in DNG with Configuration enabled?

jane zhou (106764) | asked May 22 '17, 11:14 p.m.

Hi Someone who may concern,

I noticed for DNG, if you want to change something and hope it can be merge to other streams with Configuration enabled, you need to use the concept of Change Set.
         But my question is, if I forget to create a change set before I want to do some change. How can I merge the change to other stream? Is it possible or not?
          Because for users, change something by using change set is not mandatory, so they may forget to do so with their changes. I am wondering how DNG handle this case?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 29 '17, 9:34 p.m.

Depending on the actual configuration, you may not need to create change sets explicitly, as they may be there already. For example, if you create a new stream and start adding artifacts in this new stream, a change set is created automatically. Then, when you try to deliver changes from this new stream to the original stream, you will see this change set. In my opinion, streams are more important than change sets if end users are not really into "configuration management".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.